West London's Best Kept Secret!

Welcome to The Green Room Live.

With 7 pool tables, table football and 5 HD screens this venue is perfect for events, private parties, live music and much more, check out The Green Room Live Blog to stay up to date with gigs, events, competitions and probably some of the best literature you will read on the internet.
You can also be my "friend" on facebook, or follow/stalk me on Twitter @GreenRoomRob

Monday

Air Sports?

I was out and about on Saturday with my girlfriend and her mother who had come to stay with us over the weekend - fun times - we were walking around in South Ken and I happened to notice this guy playing air cricket. You know, pretending to hit a ball - he was doing it with such dedication and seemed to know exactly where the ball was gonna go and his friend looked at him as if he was his coach.

His eyes glued to the bowler/dustbin across the street.
He draws back his bat in slow motion as if he were a Die Hard scene...As the "ball" approaches he takes a step forward then thrusts the "bat" forward but holds in position for just too long and looks to the heavens... WTF!
He didn't even try to score any runs, I mean I'm no umpire but that looked like a good shot to me.
...Actually thinking about it - he probably doesn't even play cricket nor does his friend and I bet you don't see professional cricket players hitting imaginary balls with imaginary bats in the middle of a busy side walk...
Sit tight for the weeks happenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment